[Computer-go] parameter optimization (clop & others)

Rémi Coulom Remi.Coulom at free.fr
Thu Feb 7 20:09:01 PST 2013

On 7 févr. 2013, at 21:01, Olivier Teytaud wrote:

>     (the constant term in the linear slope in log-log term depends on the number of parameters,
>     this might be relevant for Brian's remark on the number of parameters).

I am not sure it does. In fact I would guess it does not. If the optimization time is long enough, tuning many parameters simultaneously is probably faster than adding them one by one. The big problem is "if the optimization time is long enough". If you wish to optimize parameters with a finite budget (overnight or over a week), then it is better to tune very well a few of them rather than tune badly many of them.

Rémi