[Computer-go] OT: monte-carlo in web sites

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Tue Feb 5 18:50:10 PST 2013

  Hi!

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 08:59:30AM +0900, Darren Cook wrote:
> I've been trying for years to find more real-world uses for UTC and what
> we've learned from monte carlo go. Now O'Reilly have just released a
> book entitled Bandit Algorithms for Website Optimization:
>   oreilly.com/shop/product/0636920027393.html

  That's nice to know! I know that some people use bandits for deciding
which advertisments to run; I'm actually currently negotiating a
contract to develop a system in a related area that would likely end up
using UCB (either combined with simple Bayesian networks or actually
UCT) for intelligently choosing which advertisment to show.

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis