[Computer-go] Measuring program strength

Hiroshi Yamashita yss at bd.mbn.or.jp
Fri Aug 30 23:53:49 PDT 2013

Hi,

I think 700 playouts is maybe small.
When I got 60% against GNU Go with 10000 playouts, I could get 50%
 with 5000 playouts. Now I get 60% with 400 playouts, but I need 350
 playouts for 50%. So I have switched to selfplay, it is a bit
 doubtful though.

I think tree selective ability is more important than playout quality
 in small playouts like 700.

Regards,
Hiroshi Yamashita