[Computer-go] Measuring program strength

Detlef Schmicker ds2 at physik.de
Fri Aug 30 02:41:12 PDT 2013

Hi,

I will try to fish for some secrets:)

Up to now I always was able to measure oakfoam improvenment by playing
against gnugo.
(700 playouts against gnugo level 10 and 300 playouts against gnugo
level 0)

But now we seem to be at a strenght, that makes this not very sensitive
anymore. I can change parameters,which have significant effects on
regression tests, but do not change playing strength against gnugo
anymore. I included fuego and pachi at a playing level playing 50%
against gnugo, but this only improved the sensibility a little.

How do you handle this problem?

What do you think is the reason?

Thanks a lot for any secrets:)

Detlef