[Computer-go] Idea how to improve RAVE

Aja Huang ajahuang at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 12:08:55 PDT 2013

Hello Alexander,

Your idea is interesting. If I understand correctly, your idea is similar
to Fuego's "weight RAVE updates", see

http://fuego.sourceforge.net/fuego-doc-1.1/smartgame-doc/classSgUctSearch.html#a158df0720f5b23d7a2cb7381c1355214

Weight RAVE updates.

Gives more weight to moves that are closer to the position for which the
RAVE statistics are stored. The weighting function is linearly decreasing
from 2 to 0 with the move number from the position for which the RAVE
statistics are stored to the end of the simulated game.
Regards,
Aja