[Computer-go] Congratulations to Zen!

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 04:53:39 PDT 2012

My thanks to those who pointed out errors in my report on this month's
KGS (slow) bot tournament, and to those who commented on it.  The
report, now corrected and updated, is still at
   http://www.weddslist.com/kgs/past/S12.2/index.html

I have withdrawn my request that bots should resign in clearly lost
positions. No-one supported this, and several disagreed.

But in future, I will request entrants to edit their bots' KGS "info" to
include a short description of the platform they are currently running
on, something like
   "This is Crazy Stone, running on a 24-core PC."

I already require entrants to send this information to me, and most of
you do so. I include it at the foot of my reports, as it is of interest
to some readers, and may be useful to future students of the history of
computer Go.  But I have realised that it is also of interest to people
watching computer Go games, and if entrants are supplying me with the
information, it should be available during the tournament.

Nick
--
Nick Wedd
nick at maproom.co.uk