[Computer-go] A question on seki scoring in Japanese rules

Erik van der Werf erikvanderwerf at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 07:56:20 PDT 2012

The simple answer is Robert's recommendation to capture before ending the
game. Once you get to the scoring phase every stone in the seki should be
assumed alive (even if, e.g., it has only one liberty). It is up to the
players to decide which pieces are dead (and therefore can be captured)
before the game ends. This is not a trivial decision because it may destroy
the seki (i.e., you could loose a semeai).

For fun look up Hanezeki

Erik