[Computer-go] Zen beat Ha, Yongil 5p with 4 stones (Re: TAAI details?)

"Ingo Althöfer" 3-Hirn-Verlag at gmx.de
Sun Nov 25 07:31:20 PST 2012

Hello Hideki,

thank you for the explanation and the info.

> Stefan Kaitschick:
> >The silly p3 wasnt really a problem, imo that was just a bot-typical
> >"let's go home" move.
>
> "P3" was played due to a hardware error (perhaps floating point unit or
> memory), I strongly believe by observing the log file.

>> ... Time for handi 3
>
> ... Many people
> suggest (or encourage :) to move 3 handi, however, Zen lost all six
> games against three professonals on 9x9 board today.

I think that small boards (particularly 9x9) are another world than 19x19.

And there is a saying (at least in chess): You learn most by losses.

> The game records can be downloaded from
> http://entcog.c.ooco.jp/entcog/event/kifu_20121125.lzh .

I can not read that format. Can someone please translate it into
sgf?

> This result shows the potential power of professional players when play
> seriously.

Were these humans payed according to their results?

Ingo.