[Computer-go] New programmer

David Fotland fotland at smart-games.com
Sun May 27 11:25:50 PDT 2012

Correct scoring of arbitrary positions is very difficult because of the life
and death analysis required.

You don't say if you want to score final positions from human games, or any
arbitrary positions during a game, or only positions that are finished under
CGOS or similar rules, where it is safe to assume that stones on the board
are alive.

The last one is trivial to score.  The others are very difficult.  That's
why Monte carlo works so well, since it only tries to score trivial
positions.

David