[Computer-go] New commercial Crazy Stone

Rémi Coulom Remi.Coulom at free.fr
Mon May 21 00:36:52 PDT 2012

On 21 mai 2012, at 08:17, Chin-Chang Yang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to know more information about English version of CrazyStone 2012. Can anyone answer the following questions?
>
> Does it support Chinese rule?

Yes.

> What does the "Histogram" mean?

It is the distribution of playout scores.

> In "Record Analysis List" window, what does the "Situation" and "Delta" mean?

Situation is the expected score. Delta is the difference in win rate between the move suggested by Crazy Stone, and the move actually played during the game.

> Can I set the amount of playouts in "Analysis Mode" to maximize its accuracy?

You can set the thinking time for analyzing the whole game. You can set it from 5 minutes to 8 hours, if I remember correctly.

> And, can I set the amount of playouts in "Game Mode" to control computer's strength?

You can choose a level. The web site says "10 levels of play". The most recent beta I tested actually had 20, so it may be 20 after all. Each level corresponds to a total number of playouts per game.