[Computer-go] Another funny kind of seki

Rémi Coulom Remi.Coulom at free.fr
Thu May 17 12:01:24 PDT 2012

On 17 mai 2012, at 20:39, Aja Huang wrote:

> Hi Rémi,
>
> Yes, you are right. Case11 is not correct. I have fixed it. Case19 is Hanezeki that might never occur in real games. The purpose of this search is to explore some limitations of current MC Go programs so Martin asked me to design the most difficult seki cases on the earth. Then I just did it.
>
> As for komi 7.0, thanks for your suggestion. We will discuss it and announce our decision.
>
> Best regards,
> Aja

You'll find in attachment an interesting case of seki that maybe you don't have in your database. The White string in A11 has 3 liberties, but W must not play in any of them, because then A8 and A10 are miai for kill. Black can play in any of them, but search will not play there, because that would make W obviously alive. That position occured in a game that Crazy Stone lost against gnugo.

Rémi