[Computer-go] detecting cross inside an eye

Álvaro Begué alvaro.begue at gmail.com
Thu May 10 11:04:12 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM, folkert <folkert at vanheusden.com> wrote:
> Yes indeed.
>
> It has been a couple of years since I worked on stop so I've got a fresh
> look at it.
> Some code is really interesting.
>
> It seems there's already some code in it doing this check.
>
> Not entirely sure if it is correct:
> - if there are 4 direct neighbours of my color and the number of
>  opponent stones in the diagonal <= x
> or
> - if there are 4 direct neighbours of opponent color and the number of
>  my stones in diagonal <= x
> where:
> - if the eye is at the left row or the right row or the uppr row or
>  bottom row, then x = 0 (so if is on the edge), else x=1 (but i expect
> that '1' to be a typo which should've been 2)

You only need to check the first rule (i.e., don't play on points that
look like your own eyes). And it does look like Rémi got the language
slightly wrong. The rule should be: All 4 immediate neighbours are of
my color and the opponent has no more than one (zero on the side)
stone(s) in diagonal.

Álvaro.