[Computer-go] detecting cross inside an eye

folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
Thu May 10 10:51:05 PDT 2012

Yes indeed.

It has been a couple of years since I worked on stop so I've got a fresh
look at it.
Some code is really interesting.

It seems there's already some code in it doing this check.

Not entirely sure if it is correct:
- if there are 4 direct neighbours of my color and the number of
  opponent stones in the diagonal <= x
or
- if there are 4 direct neighbours of opponent color and the number of
  my stones in diagonal <= x
where:
- if the eye is at the left row or the right row or the uppr row or
  bottom row, then x = 0 (so if is on the edge), else x=1 (but i expect
that '1' to be a typo which should've been 2)

What do you think? It is slightly different because of the edge-check,
is that edge bogus?

Thanks

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 06:59:46PM +0200, R?mi Coulom wrote:
> I suppose he means an empty intersection.
>
> The rule used usually is: all 4 immediate neighbours are of my color and the opponent has no more than two (one on the side) stone(s) in diagonal.
>
> That rule will improve the strength of stop-cur considerably.
>
> Rémi
>
> On 10 mai 2012, at 18:55, Álvaro Begué wrote:
>
> > What do you mean by "cross"?
> >
> > On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM, folkert <folkert at vanheusden.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> How do you detect that a cross is inside an eye? (eye? - circle,
> >> connected chain of pieces is what i mean)
> >>

> >> Folkert van Heusden
> >>
> >> --
> >> Multitail es una herramienta flexible que permite visualizar los "log
> >> file" y seguir la ejecución de comandos. Permite filtrar, añadir
> >> colores, combinar archivos, la visualización de diferencias (diff-
> >> view), etc.  http://www.vanheusden.com/multitail/

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail er et flexible tool for å kontrolere Logfiles og commandoer.
Med filtrer, farger, sammenføringer, forskeliger ansikter etc.