[Computer-go] Stop-cur

Don Dailey dailey.don at gmail.com
Wed May 9 14:04:18 PDT 2012

resign is not a gtp command,  it's a possible move that your engine can
play.

If your program plays an illegal move such as suicide,  it loses the games
on CGOS.

The issue with resign was incorrectly stated by me.   If you resign you
lose but of course you expected to lose anyway or else you would not have
resigned.    This is not about resignation.

However if you don't "clean up" the game a program that does NOT resign or
pass can take advantage and beat you unfairly.     Just remember these are
not Japanese rules,   even if the game is  "played out"  you must clean up
dead groups or else the opponent gets to keep them.

Don