[Computer-go] Computer go for iPhone

Jouni Valkonen jounivalkonen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 00:43:19 PDT 2012

To be fair in commercial issues. For Android phone, Lauri Paatero published new AI and good SGF-editor called Hactar. The AI is server based so it needs an Internet connection to play.

For iPhone and iPad, top AI is Rémi's CrazyStone (called Champion Go). I have hard time to beat it. Champion Go is also available for Android.

However David's Smart Go Kifu is probably the best SGF-editor and viewer for iPad and iPhone. It also comes with rather good ManyFaces engine, but I have not tested the iPhone version. However iPad version is something that I can highly recommend and as a SGF-editor and viewer I doubt that there is even remotely as good SGF software available for iOS.

    —Jouni

Sent from my iPad