[Computer-go] GNU Go command line

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 05:07:17 PDT 2012

I am trying to get GNU Go's monte-carlo option working.

Running GNU Go 3.8 on KGS, from a Windows system, through khsGtp.jar
if my command line is
   engine=gnugo-3.8.exe --level 12 --mode gtp --quiet
it works correctly.  But if I add the parameter "--monte-carlo" to get
   engine=gnugo-3.8.exe --monte-carlo --level 12 --mode gtp --quiet
it quits with the message
   WARNING: Got error response to command "boardsize 19": ? unacceptable
size

Can anyone explain how to get the --monte-carlo option to work?  The
error message is not helpful.

Nick
--
Nick Wedd