[Computer-go] About Minirock

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Tue Feb 14 18:37:07 PST 2012

  Hi!

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 04:11:01PM +0000, Xaryl C wrote:
> I am the one responsible for the bot. I started coding a go bot when school was boring, that was when classical bots prevailed.
> Then life got busy, I tried MC, made some nice progress in terms of strength, but never even got the chance to properly debug the multi threading codes.
>
> Then sometime ago, Minirock (the player) wanted to have a bot, so I hackishly glued (with macros and mass code replacing with scripts) and replaced the playout codes and search distribution along with tactical reading codes and pattern matchers onto Pachi's codes.

  Great, I'm happy Pachi is useful like this too! If I understand it
right, you use Pachi as foundation with custom playout and tactics code?
Or is it vice versa?

  If you have any patches / changes in mind for Pachi (not necessarily
with any of your reading code, but even just whatever is needed for
better integration of foreign code in Pachi), I will be glad to merge
it. Or just if you have any feedback. :-)

  Best,

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
	Smart data structures and dumb code works a lot better