[Computer-go] How well does pure monte carlo play?

"Ingo Althöfer" 3-Hirn-Verlag at gmx.de
Mon Feb 13 11:56:57 PST 2012

Hello Hiroshi,

very interesting results.

I think, so far pureMcUct played only a few hundred rated games on KGS
Can you keep it running, to get even more stable results from more
than 1,000 rated games?

>From how many games are your ratings on CGOS?

Having intransitivities between ratings on different servers is normal.
However, the discrepancy for pureMcUct is really amazing.

A question of sports: Could you design (in some fair way) a version
of Aya where the discrepancy between CGOS- and KGS-performance is larger
than 10 levels (or 1,000 rating points)?

Cheers, Ingo.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------