[Computer-go] oakfoam/Zen9 game

Erik van der Werf erikvanderwerf at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 07:44:13 PST 2012

The cleanup variation doesn't show a (extra) black pass, so that's
indeed suspicious. But maybe kgs just failed to record the third
consecutive pass, or for some reason did not create a new node when
black accidentally passed again (after undoing twice).

It is not clear to me how many consecutive passes are supposed to be
undone when the game goes into cleanup mode. Looking at a few sgf
files where my program got into cleanup mode (btw always against mgf)
I can actually see some different behaviors... Maybe kgs tries to be
smart in determining who has to do the capture? (and then perhaps
something gets confused on the game-end criterion)

I think to be sure one would have to look at Zen's log file containing
the communications by kgsgtp.

Erik