[Computer-go] Congratulations to SteenVreter!

Erik van der Werf erikvanderwerf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 08:32:56 PST 2012

Yes, Steenvreter used a bigger machine (from the Maastricht games group).

I used the exact same setup as in the december tournament (which it
also won) and in the computer olympiad.

Sunday I also tested another machine. The machine in Maastricht
(Opteron system, running 46 threads @ 2.2 GHz) is around 2.5 times
faster (in terms of simulations per second) than a single i7-3930K @
3.2 GHz (12 threads). So, performance per GHz between intel and amd
appears to be almost identical...

Erik