[Computer-go] An unusual seki

Erik van der Werf erikvanderwerf at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 10:04:06 PDT 2012

I saw Nick's email, but booting is not the same as banning. An actual ban
is an implicit acknowledgement of a flaw in the kgs scoring protocol. Just
thought it might be interesting to hear some details (especially if and how
it was fixed).

Anyway, all this seems rather strange. Bots only need one resumption. After
that all remaining stones are assumed to be alive by rule, so there's no
need to query the bot again for anything. The game can simply end without
any need for an admin to act. One could make this a bit more flexible by
increasing the max number of resumptions, but the principle remains the
same; there really shouldn't be a need for an admin to get involved to get
a game to end.

Erik