[Computer-go] JSON game format

Don Dailey dailey.don at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 05:01:23 PDT 2012

One of these suggestions come around every year or so.    It used to be
that "we should use XML" and we would hear that a couple of time per year
or so.

Personally I don't care for SGF  but I'm a firm believe that if it's not
broken,   don't fix it.     I suggest you simply build a tool to translate
from and to XML and publish that tool.    There could be javascript and php
versions of those routines and perhaps also java and other languages.

I do appreciate json and believe it to be elegant and if this wheel were
not already invented I probably would be in favor of json.

Don