[Computer-go] JSON game format

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sat Aug 18 04:48:13 PDT 2012

  Hi!

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 09:07:19PM +0100, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
> SGF has rather limited metadata, JGF could standardise at least part
> of this...
> examples might include:
> Location: ie GPS or similar

  PC[]

> Timing of moves see javascript date object

  BL[], OB[] etc.

  I think the most obvious representation as JSON is a straightforward
syntactic translation from SGF, and a common chunk of javascript code
can serve as that... The next step can be to have an option to generate
SGF.json directly but I don't see a great case for that except for
optimization of particular webapp setups.

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis