[Computer-go] It seems we are in need of a good web SGF viewer.

Jonathan Chetwynd j.chetwynd at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 16 20:28:35 PDT 2012

Don,

without the SGF-JSON or SGF-XML  conversion tool each and every game
instance effectively requires the maintainer, author or user to create
such a tool.
and java tools such as eidogo.com are generally not supported by
mobile platforms.

another significant advantage is that for instance SVG being a form of
XML
games stored as XML can be viewed in the browser as a list of moves in
HTML, or on a board as SVG etc without any need for javascript at all.
ie merely a transform.

JSON is popular even ubiquitous for web communication so for the GTP
aspect would be likely to be chosen
XML is slightly verbose, so in respect of SGF, JSON may still be the
natural choice
no doubt the web community will help make the decision at some time

kind regards

Jonathan