[Computer-go] It seems we are in need of a good web SGF viewer.

Jonathan Chetwynd j.chetwynd at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 16 11:22:28 PDT 2012

Re: It seems we are in need of a good web SGF viewer.

Michael,

SGF was designed before the web, and web standards.

what is needed is a new game format designed to web standards
together with the gtp and sgf conversion and authoring tools.

Petr Baudis and I made a start on this using JSON

a demonstration using the pachi engine is at http://www.peepo.com
iPad, iPhone. Kindle, Blackberry, Android,
as well as netbooks, laptops desktops using Safari, Opera, Firefox and
soon IE10

kind regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
jay at peepo.com