[Computer-go] Computer Olympiad: Go schedule and registration cost for multiple tournaments

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Tue Sep 27 09:37:06 PDT 2011

  Hi!

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 07:28:57PM +0200, Rémi Coulom wrote:
> I have just posted this on the web site of the Olympiad:
>
> Schedule for Go tournaments:
> 	• 21-22 nov go 9x9
> 	• 23 nov go 13x13
> 	• 24-25 nov go 19 x 19
> 	• 26 nov. 19x19 play-off if any, or a demonstration game
>
> Participants have to register separately for each tournament. Participants who wish to participate in the Olympiad don't have to pay a full registration for each tournament. One full registration has to be paid, plus 40 Euros for each additional tournament, regardless of category (see details in the registration form).
>
> http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/news_item.php?id=67

  When researching the conference at first, I originally thought that
a conference fee is also enough for the tournament, but I got confused
when reviewing this now. So just to clarify, when I want to attend
the conference and enter Pachi for 9x9 and 19x19, I will have to pay:

	120 EUR student conf. fee + 80 EUR tourn. fee + 40 EUR tourn. fee?

  Do I understand that right?

  I probably won't find enough money for that, especially as 9x9 comes
first (I would consider paying extra 80 EUR for 19x19, IMO is nowadays
much more interesting, but paying for hotel and staying abroad longer
is just not worth it for me).

  On a related note, anyone here attending the conference looking for
a hotel roommate? Or is there a better venue for finding one?

  Thanks,

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis