[Computer-go] Computer Olympiad: Go schedule and registration cost for multiple tournaments

Erik van der Werf erikvanderwerf at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 02:32:28 PDT 2011

I don't like it!  So not only did they raise the price from 25 to 40
euro *, but now they even want to charge triple for 3 inferior
mini-tournaments!

In my opinion a one day 13x13 tournament really shouldn't be priced
the same as a full-scale 5-day event (e.g., such as in chess). I don't
mind some diversity in board size, but it's all still the same game.
With this pricing scheme I'd prefer to strike 9x9 and 13x13, and just
spend 5 days on 19x19 Go.

And btw what's up with those 'fresh' amateurs??? The distinction used
to be quite clear: if you had no direct or indirect commercial
interests then you were an amateur. I haven't participated in recent
years, does that make me fresh again? or do I still stink because I
went to Beijing? Perhaps some deodorant will do the trick...

Erik

* not counting ICGA membership