[Computer-go] Computer Olympiad: Go schedule and registration cost for multiple tournaments

Hideki Kato hideki_katoh at ybb.ne.jp
Fri Sep 23 00:04:51 PDT 2011

Ingo,

I was just worried Rémi forgot to update the list but I'd like to agree
with you anyway.  Since strongest programs can complete with human
professionals on 9x9 these days, 13x13 would be the next target.

13x13  computer Go tournaments are being active in Japan.  I have
organized one together with 9x9 in last GPW Cup and JAIST started
another this March.

Hideki

Ingo Althöfer: <20110923061459.176810 at gmx.net>:
>Good point, Hideki.

>> >Schedule for Go tournaments:

>> >	• 21-22 nov go 9x9

>> >	• 23 nov go 13x13

>> Thank you Rémi, but 13x13 Go is not in the tournaments list on the web

>> page (http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/event.php?id=43).

>To my opinion, 13x13 should definitely be played.

>One of my reasons: I am responsible for computer activities at the

>2012 European Go Congress (in Bonn). We intend to have bot tournaments

>for 9x9, 13x13, and 19x19. The winner of each tournament shall get the

>chance to play against a strong human player.

>It would be nice, when programmers really put some of their efforts in 13x13.

>Ingo.

>--
>NEU:
FreePhone - 0ct/min Handyspartarif mit Geld-zurück-Garantie!
informieren: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freephone

Hideki Kato <mailto:hideki_katoh at ybb.ne.jp>