[Computer-go] Rules for the Computer Olympiad -- Remote Play

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Mon Sep 19 17:52:08 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 08:13:35PM +0100, Nick Wedd wrote:
> My recollection of Tampere is that standard hardware was provided,
> but entrants could bring their own hardware if they wanted.  Indeed
> one entrant did so.

Hmm, good point, that might have been actually me. :-) I know we were at
least considering that option, but just because the standard hardware
was allowed running only Windows; I'm not sure if we ended up using the
MacBook or got a LiveCD working on the standard hardware. At any rate,
this is of course another issue to bear in mind...

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 06:26:49PM -0400, Michael Williams wrote:
> When you say 4 CPUs, how many cores do you really mean?  You can certainly
> get a 4-core notebook.

I mean 4 cores, but of course it also differs based on exact CPU model
etc. 1-core or 2-core notebooks are still frequent (I had good old
Pentium M based Thinkpad until recently) and you can get a notebook with
i7 too.

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis