[Computer-go] Rules for the Computer Olympiad -- Remote Play

steve uurtamo uurtamo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 08:33:20 PDT 2011

> I guess the question is what do we want to
> identify: the strongest program or the strongest artificial playing
> entity?

I'm starting to be convinced that there's very little difference. Code
isn't generally separable from its hardware, once it has been heavily
optimized. This has been discussed on the list before, but I'll just
point out that if you want to have a competition between *algorithms*,
you'd need a very artificial environment that you might have
difficulty getting everyone to agree upon.

s.