[Computer-go] Rules for the Computer Olympiad -- Remote Play

Erik van der Werf erikvanderwerf at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 08:26:04 PDT 2011

I think Go will always have its own set of game-specific rules for
things like komi and timing (and I'd be happy enough just to see
consensus there). However, regarding remote play I don't see a good
reason why Go must deviate from the 'general' rules.

Personally, I don't much like remote play either, but it has some
interesting aspects. I guess the question is what do we want to
identify: the strongest program or the strongest artificial playing
entity?

Erik