[Computer-go] Rules for the Computer Olympiad

Erik van der Werf erikvanderwerf at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 05:59:18 PDT 2011

Hi Martin,

Good question, I don't know. If Hideki doesn't know either (he
compiled the last version based on my original) then it probably means
this has not been decided yet. I suppose the default would be to use
last year's rules.

There is usually a players meeting just before the tournament starts,
to formalize the details, but for significant changes that would at
least for some be too late.

Perhaps we should try to see if there is consensus about what we would
like this year?

My proposal would be to change the komi for 9x9 Go to 7.0, and leave
the rest as it was last year. (So that would mean 19x19: 45m., 7.5
komi,  13x13: 30m., 7.5 komi,  9x9: 10m., 7.0 komi, remote play
allowed.)

What are your preferences?

Best,
Erik