[Computer-go] Fuego standard opponent on CGOS

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Thu Sep 1 08:50:28 PDT 2011

I am running six Fuego instances (and four Mogo instances) concurrently from the same directory with no problems. Of course, an intermittent crash might not have revealed itself yet.

There is a difference in how I have written the batch files, though. Perhaps that is relevant. I wanted to start/stop each program individually, and I noticed that several loops can be eliminated in that case. The code is simpler, and can be simplified further by making the engine name into a parameter.

Actually, everything above the :LOOP statement is only present for initialization.

@echo off

cls

set portNumber=6867

set size=9

set sgfFiles=*.sgf

set kll=q%size%

set suffixFile=suffix.txt

set passwordFile=password.txt

set engine=Fuego0.4.1-300

:: Delete any old .SGFs

if exist %sgfFiles% (

    del %sgfFiles%

)

:: Initialise suffix if not already present

if not exist %suffixFile% (

    echo Suffix and password not yet set

    set /p passwd="Enter Password: "

    set /p suffix="Enter Suffix (single character): "

    echo.

)

if not exist %suffixFile% (

    echo Password set to %passwd%

    echo %passwd% > %passwordFile%

    echo %suffix% > %suffixFile%

    echo If suffix %sfx% is already in use, login will fail

    echo If so, to change suffix, edit %suffixFile%

    pause

)

:: Ensure suffix and password files only have one entry (discards all but last line)

for /f %%P in (%passwordFile%) do (

    echo %%P > %passwordFile%

)

for /f %%S in (%suffixFile%) do (

    echo %%S > %suffixFile%

)

:: Write the config files

for /f %%P in (%passwordFile%) do (

:: Read in suffix

for /f %%S in (%suffixFile%) do (

    :: Check config file is present

    if not exist %engine%_%size%.txt (

        echo ERROR: Launch command file "%engine%_%size%.txt" is missing, skipping _%engine%_%%S

        pause

    ) else (

        echo %%section server > _%engine%_%%S_%size%.cfg

        echo     server cgos.boardspace.net >> _%engine%_%%S_%size%.cfg

        echo     port %portNumber% >> _%engine%_%%S_%size%.cfg

        echo. >> _%engine%_%%S_%size%.cfg

        echo %%section player >> _%engine%_%%S_%size%.cfg

        echo      name      _%engine%,%%S >> _%engine%_%%S_%size%.cfg

        echo      password  %%P >> _%engine%_%%S_%size%.cfg

        type %engine%_%size%.txt >> _%engine%_%%S_%size%.cfg

        echo      priority 10 >> _%engine%_%%S_%size%.cfg

    )

)

)

:LOOP

for /f %%S in (%suffixFile%) do (

    :: Create quit file so that engine stops after one run

    copy %engine%_%size%.txt %kll%_%engine%_%%S.%kll% > nul

    echo starting _%engine%_%%S

    echo To Shutdown Engines: Close this window. Engines will quit after game.

    :: Use /belownormal priority, so the system UI remains responsive even at peak loads.

    :: Use /B to avoid creating a new window for the process.

    start /B /BELOWNORMAL /wait "_%engine%_%%S_ %size%x%size%" tclkitsh cgosGtp.kit -c _%engine%_%%S_%size%.cfg -k %kll%_%engine%_%%S.%kll%

)

echo All engines have completed their games, restarting...

goto LOOP