[Computer-go] David Wilson's "All Critical Moves As First"

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Thu Nov 17 10:43:19 PST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 05:08:07PM +0000, Jerome Abela wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 6:52 AM, Olivier Teytaud <olivier.teytaud at lri.fr> wrote:
> > - I did not know the "Surround" game; it looks like a really interesting
> > variation of Go.
>
> Did you find anything about it? I played a very similar game in the
> past with a Russian guy who was raised in Moscow, and claimed it was a
> very popular game among students (as it can easily be played with 2
> color pens and paper, no need for an eraser). The name in Russian was
> more a less a translation of "settlements". I couldn't find any
> reference about it on internet under either name.

I can just say that this is a very popular game in Czech classrooms as
well - and apparently in Poland too. Few randomly googled out pointers:

	http://www.kropki.legion.pl/
		(EidoKropki! http://eidokropki.reaktywni.pl/#11wCUlkt)
	http://cs.wikibooks.org/wiki/Pokladnice_her/%C5%BDidi
	(Use Google Translate.)

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
	The goal of Computer Science is to build something that will