[Computer-go] David Wilson's "All Critical Moves As First"

Jerome Abela jerome.abela at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 09:08:07 PST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 6:52 AM, Olivier Teytaud <olivier.teytaud at lri.fr> wrote:
> - I did not know the "Surround" game; it looks like a really interesting
> variation of Go.

Did you find anything about it? I played a very similar game in the
past with a Russian guy who was raised in Moscow, and claimed it was a
very popular game among students (as it can easily be played with 2
color pens and paper, no need for an eraser). The name in Russian was
more a less a translation of "settlements". I couldn't find any
reference about it on internet under either name.

Jerome.