[Computer-go] Question about exploration in CLOP

Brian Sheppard sheppardco at aol.com
Tue Nov 15 08:59:27 PST 2011

I would like to know more about the exploration methods that you tested in
CLOP. Let's start with Metropolis-Hastings.

I understand Metropolis-Hastings as having a current point P, which has a
weight Wp, and randomly sampling a point Q, which has weight Wq. Then your
next point will be Q if Wq >= Wp, or if Wq < Wp then move to Q with
probability Wq/Wp, and keep P otherwise. Do I have that right?

My question concerns the space over which Q is sampled. Is it just random
over the whole domain? Or a radius around P?

Thanks,
Brian