[Computer-go] David Wilson's "All Critical Moves As First"

Olivier Teytaud olivier.teytaud at lri.fr
Tue Nov 15 02:23:46 PST 2011

Your generalized version is interesting to me... The original version
already looks unbelievable. The theorem could be proved a bit more clearly
I think; the crucial paragraph (very short) clearly shows the result for a
random variable on subsets with each location black or white with
probability 50%, but the fact that it's independent over locations is not
so clear at first reading. I agree that the result is nonetheless ok.

Incidentally, the result can be understood as a proof of the classical
sentence
"your good moves are the good moves of your opponent"... even if the
theorem does not
apply to go.
Olivier

Olivier Teytaud -- olivier.teytaud at inria.fr
TAO, LRI, UMR 8623(CNRS - Universite Paris-Sud),
bat 490 Universite Paris-Sud F-91405 Orsay Cedex France http://0z.fr/EJm0g
(one of the 56.5 % of french who did not vote for Sarkozy in 2007)