[Computer-go] Possible approach to prove CLOP convergence?

Rémi Coulom Remi.Coulom at free.fr
Wed Nov 9 01:57:04 PST 2011

I have no idea. I did not really spend any time trying to prove mathematically that CLOP works. Another source of ideas might be that paper about a similar method, where they propose a proof of convergence:
http://www.informs-sim.org/wsc07papers/041.pdf
But the algorithm is extremely complicated, and I did not understand that proof (they don't give details, only theorems). I wonder how they can have theorems that have no probabilities or expectations in them, when they have noisy measurements. I expect any convergence proof should be a proof of stochastic convergence (ie, almost sure, with probability one, ...).

Rémi