[Computer-go] quiescence in UCT search

Michael Williams michaelwilliams75 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 20:53:43 PST 2011

I don't see much point in pruning the nodes at the root like this because
UCT selection at the root is a very small part of program execution.
Making it quicker will not matter.  And you can't do the same thing at
other nodes because the root is the only node in which you have an idea how
much effort will be directed through it.