[Computer-go] IEEE TCIAIG Impact Factor

Lucas, Simon M sml at essex.ac.uk
Mon Nov 7 03:55:51 PST 2011

Many contributors to this list have published
papers in IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and Games,
so I hope the following news is of interest.

IEEE TCIAIG has recently been accepted into the Thomson Reuters
Web of Science, and hence will in due course
have an Impact Factor listed in the Journal Citation Report (JCR).

The first official impact factor will be available mid 2012,
and will be based on the citations from articles published in
2011 to articles published in TCIAIG in 2009 / 2010.

Prior to the official impact figures being available, we did our own preliminary
analysis by counting the cites to papers published in in TCIAIG in 2009
using Google Scholar, then cross checking the equivalent counts
for two other IEEE journals with known impact factors.  This led to
an estimate of 1.8 - which is respectable for a new journal.

Finally (I've mentioned this before, but I get asked it a lot,
so it's worth repeating) - authors are free to post the PDFs of the
author-final submission on their web site or institutional repository
for all accepted papers.

Best wishes,

   Simon Lucas

Professor Simon M. Lucas