[Computer-go] New version of CLOP

Rémi Coulom Remi.Coulom at free.fr
Mon Nov 7 00:33:37 PST 2011

The prior strength was increased from 1e-3 to 1e-2, and the number of iterations of the localization process was limited to 7.

I did not have time to measure this very precisely, but tests on Rosenbrock5 show a performance improvement. I made that change because some users of CLOP sent data to me that show that when CLOP had many parameters (>10), it had a tendency to overfit: the localization iteration looped until only a few wins were left. That did not prevent the algorithm from working, but it was a bit inefficient.

Rémi