[Computer-go] CrazyStone Western version

Don Dailey dailey.don at gmail.com
Mon May 30 17:17:02 PDT 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Álvaro Begué <alvaro.begue at gmail.com>wrote:

> > A commandline GTP interface is my otherwishlist item, but I do realize
> that one is just wishful thinking in a commercial product :-)
>
> Why? There are commercial chess programs that are sold as a UCI engine
> (e.g., Rybka). I would buy a GTP-speaking Linux go engine.

I wouldn't just buy it, I would PREFER it.   Every computer chess engine I
know of today uses a standard protocol (either UCI, winboard or both) and
can be used in different interfaces, some of which are commercial.)

And if you have a really cool interface that can be used with ANY (GTP) go
engine,  it makes the product even more attractive to a buyer  because it's
like you are buying 2 different products for the price of one.