[Computer-go] Congratulations to Zen!

Stefan Kaitschick Stefan.Kaitschick at Hamburg.de
Tue May 10 00:38:50 PDT 2011

I'm also under the impression that Zen stopped throwing away corners.
In a bot tournament that usually means ending up with 3 corners, because
currently all bots still undervalue corner plays.
It's also true that Zen can now play a "normal" opening without
trampling on it's own positions later.
Maybe it's really the same thing, because "normal" play implies a
greater regard for corners than usually displayed by bots.

Stefan