[Computer-go] 9x9 Showtime on KGS

"Ingo Althöfer" 3-Hirn-Verlag at gmx.de
Mon Jun 13 06:01:06 PDT 2011

Hello Nick,

I watched the match live and also got some information by
Frank Karger, the programmer of MyGoFriend.

> There were five games, but the first two, maybe the first three, were
> probably not part of the "Showmatch".

http://www.gokgs.com/gameArchives.jsp?user=YSKim8p&oldAccounts=y

Only the very first of the five games was a test game.

The intended 2-game match were the games 2 and 3.
MyGoFriend won both of these games.

After the match, informally one plus one more games were scheduled.
In both of these games (played at 7.5 komi) MyGoFriend was White,
played the same strange opening line
1.e5 2.e7 3.f7 4.c3? in both games and lost both (more or less directly
from the opening).

In the last game there was a disconnect of MyGoFriend. At reconnecting
wrong times were set in MyGoFriend. When the bot lost by time it thought
to have still several minutes on its internal time.
However, the position on the board was well over Jordan, already.

Ingo.