[Computer-go] 9x9 Showtime on KGS

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 05:16:38 PDT 2011

I have looked at the games on KGS - MyGoFriend used account name
'MyGoFriend', and Kim Young Sam used account 'YSKim9p".

There were five games, but the first two, maybe the first three, were
probably not part of the "Showmatch".  I would expect that in a two-game
match, each player would take each colour once;  but it seems that this
is not what happened.

In the first game Kim was white. He resigned in a won position.
In the second game Kim was white. He resigned in a won position.
In the third game Kim was black. He lost on time when 2.5 points behind
on the board.
In the third game Kim was black. He won by resignation after killing all
MyGoFriend's stones.
In the fourthgame Kim was black. He won on time after killing all
MyGoFriend's stones.

Rules were Chinese, komi was 7.5, time limit was 15 minutes each sudden
death.

Nick
--
Nick Wedd