[Computer-go] Game databases

Broccard, Frederic fbroccard at ucsd.edu
Thu Feb 3 15:33:22 PST 2011

Hi,

thanks for sharing !
I agree that databases used for scientific purposes should be made public.

Recently I asked Bill Shubert (from KGS) about getting game archives from KGS but without much success.
He told me that the best way to get games was by spidering KGS's web pages.
According to him, a lot of people are doing it since some time.
So it would be nice if someone made those games public.

What about collecting all games that people on this list have and set up a server with different
databases for 9x9, (13x13 ?) 19x19, humans and bots games ?

Fred