[Computer-go] Game databases

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Wed Feb 2 18:39:25 PST 2011

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 12:24:18AM +0200, Joona Kiiski wrote:
> I'd like to have a lot of (>~10000) high-quality go games in easily machine
> readable format (like sqf).
> Are there some databases publicly available? Can you recommend sth?

Depends on how you define "high quality". You can find a large
collection of high-dan online (KGS) games at:

	http://www.u-go.net/gamerecords/

They amount to about 100k games now.

Other than that, various collections are circulating the net, but their
copyright status is unknown. I'm also very happy making use of the GoGoD
pro games database, which costs a few bucks, but is of very high quality
and is useful not just for statistics but also for general study of Go
and its history as well; it amounts around 50k professional games over
the last few hundreds of years by now.

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Computer science education cannot make an expert programmer any more