[Computer-go] on MixBot CrazyStone + Zen

"Ingo Althöfer" 3-Hirn-Verlag at gmx.de
Fri Apr 29 19:04:25 PDT 2011

Hello Aja,

> For now, I really don't think a mixed "program" of bonobot and Zen
> will be lifted to something like 7d by my final choices.

I agree that it sounds unbelievable when you have not seen such a success.
However, in chess I had such a career (for 13 years). See notes on my
talk at the European Go Congress from 2000:
http://www.minet.uni-jena.de/fakultaet/iam/personen/3hirne.html

> But I believe they both will improve a lot one year later. :)

And then comes my main point:
When Zen and BonoBot should be 7-d at the end of 2013,
you with your human 6-dan knowledge would likely be able to lift
them to 9-d by selecting from their moves.

Again: It sounds unbelievable. But I had such improvements in chess.
My 1900 were enough to lift 2400-bots to 2600 in 3-Hirn.

Ingo