[Computer-go] MC Beginner question

Oliver Lewis ojflewis at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 04:00:15 PDT 2011

Dynamic komi is implemented by several engines, but as I understand it, it
remains a binary outcome (win/lose) but requires a higher margin for a
playout to count as a win.  in a recent message, David Fotland said "I do
almost the same thing in Many Faces.  When taking black in a handicap game,
the dynamic komi starts at 7 points per handicap stone, and decreases
linearly to zero at move 90."

The main purpose of dynamic komi in this scenario is for handicap games, to
help the engine, which would otherwise see all the games as losses, to
differentiate better between the moves.