[Computer-go] issues on 19x19

Ken Friedenbach kenliz at cruzio.com
Wed Apr 27 09:58:42 PDT 2011

1.) Ladder analysis can be reduced to almost linear search with a few branching points by doing an analysis of the two liberties available. One liberty has a "helping stone" adjacent, and the other has no helping stone adjacent, so would usually lead to three liberties for the running string. A ladder analysis can usually be limited to just the liberty without a helping stone. The only branching occurs if both liberties have a helping stone. And of course, you must read through captures to see if there is a snapback, etc.

2). Don't know how to help there...

Ken Friedenbach